I hope he sees this
Make John Green find the thing.
JOHN GREEN LOOK IN HERE
Just started the book. But no. That’s great. I wanted to know the ending now anyway.
I think it’s really fucked up how so many teenagers are alone and sad and having panic attacks in their room while their parents watch TV, and how a lot of those teenagers have had relatively normal childhoods, yet there’s this huge boom of depression and mental disorders, and its just dumb how we’ve turned into a generation labeled ‘reckless’ but really, we’re only reckless with ourselves
This is one of the best posts I’ve ever read
Someday, I want to be able to wake up and think ‘I feel like getting up and flying to Mexico,’ and I’ll be able to do it. Free of charge, no rules, I can just get up, get dressed and take the earliest train out. I hate the fact that we have to pay to explore the world. I know that there are reasons why we can’t just keep hopping from one city to another, but I’d really love to be able to do that. The world is our home. A lot of people don’t have the privilege to travel and that breaks my heart. I want everyone to be able to see how beautiful the world really is. I want travelling to be as simple as walking across the street to the grocery. It frustrates me how much money it costs to see everything there is out there and how most people are limited to exploring their small towns instead of learning about new cultures, walking on foreign soil, and meeting exotic people.
I wish that school didn’t consist of long lectures, confined in a usually boring, plain classroom, but instead, I want us to learn by seeing new places. I want us to learn by experiencing things at interesting places, never forgetting any detail about the ancient civilizations because you’d be able to see where they lived by flying to the ruins with your classmates and teachers, being able to understand architecture better with the all the Greek structures standing right in front of you, writing amazing poetry because you can feel the words coming to you as the wind tangles in your hair, glancing up at the brilliant orange sunset above New York City.
I want to explore. I want for everyone to open their eyes. I want us all to fall in love with the world.
Second that for writers as well, big time!
And musicians, I can never seem to get down what I hear in my head!
basically every artist has this problem so yeah
*Still crying ten years later over this*
that’s what i always ask myself why!!!
After I retired, my wife insisted that I accompany her on her trips to Sainsbury’s. Unfortunately, like most men, I found shopping boring and preferred to get in and get out. Equally unfortunate, my wife is like most women - she loves to browse.
Yesterday my dear wife received the following letter from the local Sainsbury’s…
Dear Mrs. Harris,
Over the past six months, your husband has caused quite a commotion in our store. We cannot tolerate this behaviour and have been forced to ban both of you from the store. Our complaints against your husband, Mr. Harris, are listed below and are “documented by our video
1. June 15: He took 24 boxes of condoms and randomly put them in other people’s carts when they weren’t looking.
2. July 2: Set all the alarm clocks in Housewares to go off at 5-
3. July 7: He made a trail of tomato juice on the floor leading to the women’s restroom.
4. July 19: Walked up to an employee and told her in an official
voice, ‘Code 3 in Housewares. Get on it right away’. This caused the employee to leave her assigned station and receive a reprimand from her Supervisor that in turn resulted with a union grievance, causing management to lose time and costing the company money.
5. August 4: Went to the Service Desk and tried to reserve a bag of Maltesers.
6. August 14: Moved a ‘CAUTION - WET FLOOR’ sign to a carpeted area.
7. August 15: Set up a tent in the camping department and told the children shoppers they could come in if they would bring pillows and blankets from the bedding department - to which twenty children obliged.
8. August 23: When a clerk asked if they could help him he began
crying and screamed, ‘Why can’t you people just leave me alone?’
Emergency Medics were called.
9. September 4: Looked right into the security camera and used it as a mirror while he picked his nose.
10. October 3: Darted around the Store suspiciously while loudly
humming the ’ Mission Impossible’ theme.
11. October 6: In the auto department, he practiced his ‘Madonna look’ by using different sizes of funnels.
12. October 18: Hid in a clothing rack and when people browsed
through, yelled ‘PICK ME! PICK ME!’
13. October 22: When an announcement came over the loud speaker, he assumed the fetal position and screamed ‘OH NO! IT’S THOSE VOICES AGAIN!’
14. Took a box of condoms to the checkout clerk and asked where the fitting room was.
And last, but not least:
15. October 23: Went into a fitting room, shut the door, waited
awhile, and then yelled very loudly, ‘Hey! There’s no toilet paper in here.’
One of the Staff passed out.
OMFG I AM SCREAMING.